August 21, 2019
Discovery Place appoints five community leaders to its Board of Trustees
Discovery Place recently appointed five members to its Board of Trustees, all of whom will serve three-year terms expiring in 2022.
Discovery Place recently appointed five members to its Board of Trustees, all of whom will serve three-year terms expiring in 2022. Joining the 2019-2020 Board of Trustees are:
- Rich Campbell, managing director at Cameron Carmichael (also a former Discovery Place Board chair)
- Dr. Jim Dunn, executive vice president and system chief human resources officer for Atrium Health
- Lindsay Hance McCullough, principal architect at McCullough Architecture
- Charlie Morris, co-founder of Atlantic Select Brands
- Nazy Weeks, managing partner at NJW Financial
“These five community leaders are welcome additions to our Board,” said Catherine Wilson Horne, president and CEO of Discovery Place. “Their expertise and combined years of experience certainly will help continue our efforts in developing the STEM workforce of tomorrow, making STEM education accessible for all and bringing the world to Charlotte.”
The Discovery Place Board of Trustees is responsible for ensuring that adequate financial and other support is available through a broad variety of sources in order to sustain and grow the programs and other services of the organization. Each Discovery Place trustee serves on at least one standing board committee. Trustees approve organizational policies, review operational goals, advocate for the organization, support organization staff and contribute financially to the Museums’ success.
For a full list of Discovery Place’s Board of Trustees, click here.