Become a Member
Be a part of something bigger when you join our Museum community.
Now is the Best Time To Become a Member
Discovery Place Members provide vital support that creates exceptional educational experiences for local students, subsidizes free educational programs for our community and cares for the over 300 animal species which live at Discovery Place Science and Discovery Place Nature. Join us as we work to provide STEM learning for our whole community and chart a new course forward for our region.
Membership Has Its Benefits
Discovery Place Members enjoy exclusive Members-only access, innovative programs and scientifically-proven fun, all at the highest health and safety standards. Enjoy scientifically-proven fun all year long while supporting one of Charlotte’s most beloved non-profit educational institutions.
Unlimited admission to the Museum(s) you choose for two adults and all of your children age 18 and younger (Individual Memberships provide admission for just one adult only, no children. Educator Memberships include up to four children only.)
Early Museum Access
Discovery Place Members may arrive and enjoy the *Museum(s) up to one hour prior to opening to the general public.
Discovery Place Science
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Discovery Place Nature, Kids-Huntersville, Kids-Rockingham
Tuesday-Sunday, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
*Early access available to the Museum(s) included in your Membership package. Early access varies by location and is subject to change.
Discounts & Exclusive Events
- Discounted *IMAX documentary film tickets
- Invitations to Members-only events
- Exclusive pre-sale access to Summer Camps and special programs
- Discounted Birthday Parties and Summer Camps (Family Memberships only)
- Discounts in Museum stores and café (where applicable)
- Discounted admission for guests (25% off general admission tickets)
- **Discounted parking at Discovery Place Science with purchase of a Family Membership or Educator Membership (parking is free at Discovery Place Nature and Discovery Place Kids)
*Member IMAX ticket discount excludes feature-length films
**Discounted parking benefit at Discovery Place Science is not valid with an Individual Membership
Discounts and benefits apply only at the Museums listed on your Membership
Family Membership $300 includes:
- Access to Discovery Place Science, Kids and Nature (until it closes)
- Up to 9 kids
- 2 Guest/Nanny Passes
- Free Planetarium Tickets
- Discounted Parking at Discovery Place Science
Access to Science Museums Around the Country
Join all four Museums and receive free or discounted admission to more than 360 institutions participating in the ASTC Passport Program nationwide. Visit astc.org/passport for a full list of participating centers.
- Admission is based on the admittance policies of the participating museums.
- Only general admission to participating museums is included. This may not include special exhibits, planetarium shows, large-screen theater presentations, simulator rides, store discounts or other discounts associated with museum membership.
- Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of your home museum or home residence (“as the crow flies”) are excluded from the ASTC Passport program benefits.
- Proof of active Membership and photo ID or proof of residence required.
The Helix Society provides access to everything Discovery Place has to offer: two guest passes, admission to all of our Museums, invitations to private events, all for $300. At the same time, a Helix Society membership is a tax-deductible donation that supports Discovery Place’s efforts to make high-quality STEM education available to all members of our community. Helix members are at the core of making everything Discovery Place does possible!
Are You an Educator?
All certified PreK-12 teachers and homeschool educators to children 7 years and older in North or South Carolina qualify for specially-discounted Educator Memberships. Valid for two named adults and up to four children age 18 and younger living in your household. A copy of a valid North Carolina or South Carolina teaching license or homeschool certificate is required.